The world has gone virtual, and it will never go back. Online mediations and facilitations open up new ways for people to participate — but also pose new technical challenges for practitioners.
Combining a watch-ahead instructional video with a live virtual practice session on Nov. 30, this class provides both
- Practical information about Zoom video conferencing features that are necessary in mediation and facilitation, and
- The confidence boost of practicing those skills in a supervised setting.
Zoom features covered by the class include tools specific for Mediation & Facilitation:
- Host and co-host controls
- Renaming & muting participants
- Screen sharing
- Breakout rooms
- Annotation tools
- Remote control
- Setting up the Zoom screen to allow simultaneous private viewing of documents by the mediator/facilitator
While virtual meetings will never fully replace in-person meetings, it’s important that practitioners know how to handle both. This class puts those tools in your toolbelt.
Note: This class does not provide instruction on becoming a meditator or facilitator. If you have signed up for the Center’s 42-Hour Basic Mediation Training in December 2021, this class is included in your registration. Any Mediators or Facilitators that have attended training from Jan 2021-November 2021 are exempt from costs and can participate. 42-Hour Basic Mediation, previous Mediator & Facilitator (see dates above) students should indicate intent to attend and dates they attended their trainings by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Zoom for Mediators and Facilitators.
Training Refund Policy:
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the training: Receives a 90% refund (10% Administration Fee).
- Cancellation 3 days prior to the training: Receives a 50% refund; or you may transfer to the next workshop; or find a replacement to take your place.
- No shows the day of workshop: Forfeit fee.