The Fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing (MI)
June 17 @ 8:00 am - June 18 @ 4:00 pm| $300.00
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a person-centered counseling style for addressing the common problem of ambivalence about change.
This highly experiential MI training is designed for helping professionals who want to learn how to work smarter, not harder.
You will learn the most up-to-date MI skills and strategies through live and video demonstrations, practice, and group discussion—all crafted towards real-life applications.
At the conclusion of the training, you will be able to:
- Better engage people in treatment
- Focus your time with people
- Engage people in change planning
- Grow people’s hope and confidence to change
This 2 day training runs from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. on June 17 and 18.
About the Trainer: Founder and owner of Motivational Interviewing Learning Exchange, Mary Dillon, MA (MINT 2008) has provided customized MI training to thousands of helping professionals. Her highly practical training style emphasizes specific strategies and skills that can be put to use right away. To learn more about adapting MI training to your workplace contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Center for Community Dialogue & Training is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 10 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
- Approval of this program for 10 CEs by the Arizona Psychological Association (AzPA) is pending. AzPA is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. AzPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.