42-Hour Mediation Training
March 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm| $585.00
Our 42-hour basic-skills mediation course prepares participants to mediate a variety of workplace and personal conflicts. Course includes theory, communication skills, mediation process and techniques, and ethical standards along with extensive practice. This course is open to anyone who would like to increase their skill in dealing with conflict, and is required for those interested in becoming a Center for Community Dialogue Volunteer Mediator.
In this training, you will:
- Identify your personal strategies in dealing with conflict
- Learn about the complex nature of conflict and how it affects our neurobiology
- Gain an in-depth understanding of transformative mediation
- Practice your active listening skills in a group setting
- Participate in mediation simulations with highly-trained mediators
Note: You must attend all five days to receive your certificate. The training is limited to 20 participants.
We are actively recruiting people to become mediators who are in one of the following categories: Bilingual Spanish, Tribal members, veterans, people with disabilities, and members of immigrant communities. We have limited scholarships available.
Monday – Friday, March 11 – 15, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Training Refund Policy:
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the training: Receives a 90% refund (10% Administration Fee).
- Cancellation 3 days prior to the training: Receives a 50% refund; or you may transfer to the next workshop; or find a replacement to take your place.
- No shows the day of workshop: Forfeit fee.