Our 42-hour basic-skills mediation course prepares participants to mediate a variety of workplace and personal conflicts. Course includes theory, communication skills, mediation process and techniques, and ethical standards along with extensive practice. This course is open to anyone who would like to increase their skill in dealing with conflict, and is required for those interested in becoming a Center for Community Dialogue Volunteer Mediator.
In this training, you will:
- Identify your personal strategies in dealing with conflict
- Learn about the complex nature of conflict and how it affects our neurobiology
- Gain an in-depth understanding of transformative mediation
- Practice your active listening skills in a group setting
- Participate in mediation simulations with highly-trained mediators
Note: You must attend all five days to receive your certificate. The training is limited to 20 participants.
We are actively recruiting people to become mediators who are in one of the following categories: Bilingual Spanish, Tribal members, veterans, people with disabilities, and members of immigrant communities. We have limited scholarships available.
Series totals 42 hours
Can’t make the spring 42-Hour Basic Mediation training -or- prefer an in-person experience? Join us this summer!
We will be offering our 42-Hour Basic Mediation training in-person this June. Registration for the June, in-person training will open on February 16.
Training Refund Policy:
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the training: Receives a 90% refund (10% Administration Fee).
- Cancellation 3 days prior to the training: Receives a 40% refund; may transfer to the next workshop of same value; or find a replacement person to take your place.
- Cancellation or no-show the day of workshop: Forfeit fee.
In exchange of volunteering, scholarships may be offered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com to set up a meeting to discuss efforts and intentions.