Diversion funds are available to help youth and young adults up to age 24 find alternatives to shelter and prevent homelessness.

Payments for the following services can be provided:

  • One-time moving costs for moving truck and labor
  • Child care in licensed centers
  • Education services (ESL, GED, ect.)
  • Job training and materials
  • Groceries
  • Rental application fees
  • One-time utility deposits (not utility payments)
  • Limited legal services
  • Mental health services
  • Outpatient health services
  • Outpatient substance abuse treatment services and drug testing
  • One-time payment for limited car repairs
  • Bus passes
  • Housing start-up costs for household goods
  • Toiletries, hygiene products, diapers, and basic cleaning supplies
  • Food subsidies for young adults being hosted by friends or family

Diversion Screening Tool

If you are working with an unaccompanied youth, not with their parent or guardian, that is 24 or younger and experiencing housing instability, please use the screening tool below to determine if you should make a referral to Our Family Services Diversion Program. Answering yes to any of the following questions should result in a referral if housing instability would be improved with Diversion intervention through the eligible costs.

    You are eligible to submit a referral form for this youth!

    This youth is currently ineligible for referral. Thank you for your time.